Monday 16 June 2014

Cyber Tag

The lovely Jen tagged me in a blog hop about crafting. I can't confess to having an as exciting in real life tag story to tell like Jen, we don't have a tag ritual although I might confuse the kids one day and start one!!!!

Here goes with the craft info.

The questions the blog hop poses are


How does my work differ from others?
Why do I create what I do?
How does your creative process work?
What am I working on?


I started this blog so that I could share my crafting with like minded individuals. I sometimes get round to blogging and do go through periods where I keep more up to date but more often than not I have phases where life rudely gets in the way of my blogging.

I never really think that my crafting is going to be interesting to others but I have some kindly friends on uks who seem quite keen!!!  I think I tend to have an easily influenced style, I see things others do and think ooh I like that and then sometimes have a go, unless it involves a lot of inks, etc and if you ask anyone who has seen me with ink they'll tell you that ink and I don't mix!!! It tends to end up very messy and often looking like a massacre.

I usually try and do the weekly challenges over on ukscrappers as I find these good for inspiration and getting some photos scrapped that I might not have done otherwise.  Lately I have been doing Project life and enjoying using this technique to record the little things that happen in our life. I use a mixture of official Becky Higgins products and also my own papers and embellishments for my layouts.

I am recording memories primarily for myself I want to remember what we did, what we enjoyed and sometimes what we didnt!!! My Nan has Dementia and recently her memory has deteriorated, even though dementia is not necessarily hereditary it has made me realise that it would be good to have memory triggers. It can't do any harm.

I don't mind recording the not so great stuff but mostly we're a happy lot here so that tends to make for positive memories. However I did take rather a lot of photos of the hospital treatment involved when I broke my wrist!!!!  If the kids/future grand kids want to look through my albums then that will be a bonus. I would love to have albums, info, etc that my parents and grandparents had done but sadly there arnt any although I am lucky that there are a lot of photos I am working my way through for my ancestry album. I have included one below.

I sometimes don't have much time for scrapping but I'm definitely more chilled and at peace with myself and everyone else if I've had a bit of time to myself. Now the kids are older I have more time as they are off out doing there own thing sometimes but  sometimes work and family resposibilities (inlaws, etc) get in the way!!

This week I've had a bit of time so caught up with last weeks Project life, Charlotte is leaving school (I'm having a little crisis about it!) so we went to get her a prom dress from Camden Market. We had a lovely day out together and found the dress she wanted, I wasn't very helpful because I thought she looked beautiful in all of them.  She modeled it begrudgingly for me when we got home. I'm hoping for some better photos on prom night.




Another thing I like to capture for my Project life is the kids when they don't know it!! They say I'm creepy, lol. I love that they get on so well. Obviously they fall out from time to time but mostly they enjoy each others company. I took this photo on Shoreham beach at the weekend and was quite a distance from the kids climbing on the rocks.

I keep meaning to go on a photography course, I even now know someone whos husband runs courses on Brighton beach, sounds ideal so I must get organised and book on so that I can get off auto properly!!!!

One of my ancestry layouts.



I tag a lady whose blog I started visiting a while back and now we are friends on facebook. I love her blog it is lovely, Monika will have a post up and running next Monday. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an excellent and funny post Linds. I love that money shot of them together on the rocks, one to treasure. I loved hearing about your crafting and seeing your latest project life, it looks super. I am very glad I tagged you. I hope you have more time to craft and blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Linds:) The photo of the children is really super and you should get it blown up and put in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant reading, Linds. Love that photo of Charlotte and George.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of Charlotte and George - fab post Linds x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting to read about what you enjoy and how creative pursuits fit into your life. I recognise some of those tensions too! And I agree abut memory keeping for oneself, as I watch my Dad struggle at times. The photo of your children on the beach just zings with life!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have enjoyed my posts.